Students who experience hearing loss provide unique challenges in the educational environment. At Florence Unified School District we provide the specialized services to meet the individual needs of the Hearing Impaired Students. Services are provided by a Certified Teacher of the Hearing Impaired and include;
- Identification of hearing impaired students
- Evaluation of the educational implications of the hearing impairment
- Specialized instruction and related services for hearing impaired students
- Auditory trainers for use in the classroom environments
- Technical assistance to support the regular education program
- Staff development
The overall goal is to provide the necessary support for the Hearing Impaired Student to be successful in the regular educational environment.