LETTER FROM THE COORDINATOR
The 2019-2020 school year is going to be bringing some very exciting changes coming to our middle school program, grades 6th-8th. Anthem K-8 School is in the process of becoming a certified International Baccalaureate world school. Beginning in July for the 2019-2020 school year, we will start our IB (International Baccalaureate) Middle Years Program(MYP) classes. Some course titles have changed and there are some additional courses that have been added. Students will be required to take each of the courses listed:
- Language and Literature (Formerly ELA)
- Individuals and Societies (Formerly Social Studies)
- Language Acquisition (All students will take Spanish)
- Physical and Health Education (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
- Design (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
- The Arts (Includes: Visual Arts, Band, or Choir) (Minimum of 50 hours per year)
As a staff, we are excited to implement the IB curriculum and are working hard to be prepared to start this program in July. Teachers are all attending in depth trainings to help support your child as we begin this journey together.
There will be more information to come during a parent night as the school year progresses. If at any time you have questions about the IB program, please contact me. I am the IB Middle Years Program Coordinator for Anthem K-8 and am happy to discuss this exciting program with you.
Dean of Students
IB MYP Coordinator