The Transportation Department includes two vehicle maintenance facilities used to maintain all district vehicles. FUSD drivers receive ongoing FMCSA and AZDPS applicable and relevant training, which exceeds Arizona minimum standards. All drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age, possess a Commercial Driver's License, State Bus Driver Certificate, pass a physical performance test, and undergo random and annual drug testing.
Florence Unified School District is currently accepting applications for bus drivers to join our transportation team!
We are committed to providing safe, reliable and efficient transportation that aligns with school schedules, programming and educational needs.
FUSD Transportation Department commits to our five core values: Safety, Integrity, Excellence, Service and Relationships
- Safety First – Basing all our decisions on the safety of our students
- Integrity – Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Excellence in All We Do – Giving our best every day
- Service Before Self – Placing others needs before ours
- Relationships – Build strong relationships with our students, parents and communities
We will be a model of excellence in Arizona student transportation.
School Bus Safety Tips
- Arrive at your bus stop and wait in line 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Never cross in front of the bus without the bus drivers signaling that it is safe.
- Never cross behind the bus, or walk or run beside the bus.
- If you drop something on the ground, do not bend or run to pick it up – let your driver know and they will assist you in retrieving it.
- Have your ID ready to scan when loading and unloading.
Poston Butte Dispatch
Receive All Bus Related Notifications
Here Comes The Bus