FUSD Hand Washing Statement
All students will be required to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol at the following times:
- upon arrival at school (use hand sanitizer if there is no sink in the classroom),
- after being outside for physical activity,
- before and after lunch,
- prior to leaving school for home, and
- after sneezing, coughing, or blowing the nose.
Arizona Department Of Health Services (ADHS)
DID YOU KNOW
Proper hand washing is the best way to reduce the amount of illness traveling around your program.
HOW SHOULD HANDS BE WASHED
1. Turn on the water, wet hands, and then apply soap.
2. Rub hands together vigorously for about 20 seconds. Make sure all parts of hands and fingers are cleaned.
3. Rinse hands under running water, until they are free of soap.
4. Leave water running, dry hands on a disposable towel, and use the towel to turn off the water.
5. Use a towel to open the bathroom door if necessary.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN USING HAND SANITIZER
Alcohol based sanitizers can be toxic. Store out of reach of chidlren.
In order to be effective, hand sanitizers should contain 60% to 95% alcohol.
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to insure the effectivness of hand sanitizers.