FUSD Transportation Plan
Adding additional drivers and monitors will allow us to add routes and reduce the number of students on each bus/van, creating more social distancing. Adding additional monitors will assist drivers with students and disinfect each district vehicle.
Washable masks will be available to ensure our drivers/monitors are protected. All drivers and monitors will have the option to wear masks.
We will disinfect each district vehicle twice a day; after the morning route and afternoon route. All drivers/monitors will disinfect their bus/van after each route, starting from the rear of the vehicle working towards the front. The disinfectant takes approximately 15 minutes to dry.
Loading & Unloading
The use of Synovia (having each student scan their ID) will allow us to track who is riding the bus each day. Our drivers will assign seats for the students by October 5, 2020. Assigned seats are required by Arizona DPS.
- Cracking the windows for ventilation (every third window)
- Hand Sanitizer while entering the bus (normally against DPS policy)
Bus Loading Procedures
- Face masks are mandatory
- Scan Student ID (Synovia's Here Comes The Bus)
- Sanitize hands
- Sit in assigned seat-two students per seat, family members sit together
How To Exit The School Bus
After the school bus comes to a complete stop
- Driver will dismiss students
- Students will begin exiting the bus, starting in the front
- Students must remain seated until it is their turn to exit the bus
Remember to take all of your belongins with you
- Scan your ID when exiting the bus
- Always use the handrail when going down the steps