School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
A General Overview and Supports
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a school-wide program that provides a clear system for all expected behavior at Copper Basin.
- The Staff, parents and students have worked together to reflect the goals, mission and culture of Copper Basin.
- We also believe that working together will create and maintain a productive, safe environment in which all members of the school community will understand the expectations for behavior.
- PBIS is based on the idea that when students are taught clearly defined behavioral expectations and are provided with responses to their behavior, both positive and corrective, all students are more likely to meet those expectations.
- This will result in the increase in student academic performance, the increase safety, a decrease in problem behavior, and establish a positive school climate.